Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I heart Pandora; The "rolling hills" near Beaumont, KS

What better way to fill an all too silent office than with music?? I am an avid Pandora listener – especially on weeks like this where I am the only secretary in at least a 50 foot radius.  I am the opposite of most people and the more white noise there is, the better I focus.  With no printers printing, faxes coming through, or documents/letters being typed by anyone that I can hear, my brain goes a little stir crazy.

I have a zillion stations on Pandora but in anticipation of my next trip to Indianapolis I created a new station (that honestly I can’t believe I didn’t already have!!).  I typed in “Backstreet Boys” and have had an afternoon full of BSB, NSync, Britney Spears, 98 Degrees, Boys II Men, Mariah Carey, etc.  Needless to say the station is AWESOME.  I find myself tapping my feet and singing all the lyrics to songs I haven’t heard in ages.  I heart Pandora!!

NKOTBSB in Indy countdown: 14 days

 ------------------------------------------------------

Daniel’s mom calls me right before lunch; I was away from my desk but I heard my phone vibrating, I didn’t make it in time.  No more than 10 second later Daniel calls me so I answer.  His call is completely unrelated but his mom starts to call him.  He answers to see what she needs and tells me that she just heard on the radio that there were a ton of cop cars near Beaumont, the small hometown of my great grandparents, grandparents, and several other family members.

It is odd that a radio station 2 ½ hours away from Beaumont would report such an incident, and even more odd that something like that would really happen there.  So I immediately call my grandma.  No answer on the home phone and no answer on the cell phone.  I’m wondering if someone was in a bad car wreck on the highway, an old building blew up or burned down, or if an airplane crashed nearby but I decide not to worry or panic until I hear back from my grandma.  A few hours go by and Daniel texts asking if I had any news from Beaumont. I finally decide to text my cousin who lives nearby to see if she has any local information on what is going on.  She gets a hold of my grandma who is in town running errands but has no idea why all the cops, or why it was a big enough deal to be reported all the way up here. 

I decide to use my amazing Google navigation skills and came up with an article explaining the need for all the cop cars and their reason for being there... "authorities found a substantial amount pot, including pockets of plants spread over several square miles."  Looks like grandma is okay for now, assuming she had no interest in those "wacky weed" fields as she calls them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment